View Full Version : Epson StylusCX4600 Printer

squirellplaying
07-14-2005, 02:19 AM
My printer has stopped printing black. The little graph thing that comes up shows that I have over 1/2 a cartridge left and when I shake it I can hear the ink. I've tried cleaning the head but it made no difference. It's only 7months old and gets regular usage.

JamieR
07-14-2005, 12:45 PM
The cartridge sounds dodgy to me - tried using a different one?

squirellplaying
07-15-2005, 01:56 AM
I should have mentioned this earlier, it did this with the cartridge before the current one too. I just replaced it because I thought the same thing you did, faulty cartridge, but now with the second one I'm starting to think its the printer.

Also this thread (http://www.gotechforums.com/forums/topic.cgi?topic=158208) made me suspect something.

I bought an Epson Stylus CX5400 about a year and a half ago. I use it occasionally- enough to keep it in good working oder I should think. After changing the black ink cartridge and trying to print I notice there is a problem. . . The paper went through..it sounded like it was working..but there was NO ink on the paper. None. After a quick google search regarding the problem/model I came to the conclusion that it was a problem with the ink purge tube. Sure enough. . thanks for this beauty of a machine Epson.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum