View Full Version : help on downloads

07-13-2005, 10:30 PM
I need help!
I zipped the files that i have for ppl to download. And i ftp'ed them to the site and put links to them like so
<a href="http://mentalhorse.cjb.cc/awaycontrol.zip" title="away control">etc.
and when i click on it (to test it out) and it dl's and then goes to the winzip automatically and in the space where the files that ur supposed to unzip, theres nothing there. and i have not got a clue so plz help! thanks :D

07-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Are you sure you even put files in the zip folder? If running windows xp easiest way to do this is select (highlight) your files right click, click on send to, Compressed Zip Folder and there you have it. Make sure you upload your zip files as binary not ascii.

07-13-2005, 10:49 PM
im pretty sure there in it because when i open them ouside of the website it unzips fine and there all there. but when i DL them off the site there not.. :(
and i did upload them through binary. well im having some ppl on other computers check at the moment so.... im gona try the windows xp thing now..

07-13-2005, 11:01 PM
nvm guys i got it working :)

07-13-2005, 11:05 PM
nvm guys i got it working :)

How? t'would be good to know just in case others have the same problem ;)

07-14-2005, 03:55 PM
well.. i kinda just changed the situation.
i had ppl dl the .exe file instead of a .zip file. im still trying to find out how to do the .zip thing. so ill post later when i get it working