View Full Version : small busniess - little content

zro@rtv
07-11-2005, 12:17 PM
http://magdalenasteahouse.com/

just threw it up.

need to get some pictures and content other than what they submit via ical files (!!!)... which i think is all they're gunna do.... so "Calendar" is "php icalendar" script... gotta style that a little more.... if anyone has links to help me with that it'd be helpful cause that css/php/etc is weird, confusing, and the antithesis of elegance to me (damn tables)...

prolly gunna steal some ideas from the other coffee shop review here (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=63081) ,as far as a "media" section for them.

and i have no (/little) idea what to do with that big blank space yet.... pattern or fix'd black outline graphic.

...lemme kno...

JamieR
07-11-2005, 12:31 PM
looks nice, however I'd like to see some type of a:hover being used on the links but the actual links are images...

zro@rtv
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
you're right, i think i'm going to do that.
ie will take a a:hover background change, right?
that's how those images are ther in the nav.

do you think color of the button? to the purple in the header?
or more like double arrows to the left of them? or what?

zro@rtv
07-12-2005, 02:16 AM
i added a:hover, any thoughts?
...i didnt have the psd's here so i edited the gifs...
so, not as great as id like, but a start? right direction am i going?

harbingerOTV
07-12-2005, 03:00 AM
The big bold line on the bottom of the header makes it look off. the line isn't centered but the rest of the header is.

It kinda looks like your going for an east indian motif with it. Maybe a little more to tie everything in with it is in order.

The header bgimage is part hand drawn-looking and the rest (stars and moon) all nice and crisp. They don't really work well together. I've found an easy way to makethings like that look really hand drawn is to print them out. Trace over them on tracing paper in balck pen and scan them back in. In PS adjust the threshold of the scanned image and it will darken and chop up the scan and give it nice-not so nice look to it.

not digging the navigation at all. Looks out of place to me. Plus it's huge.

a small bug to me. The link rollovers on the site by: & site contact:. the text gets larger on rollover. it crams into the side of the container. maybe a simple color change would look better?

TwistedLogic
07-13-2005, 02:04 AM
To me it looks too cramped with it being shifted to the right and all, but I have an old-fashioned view of website design so I'm not a huge fan of the newer layouts like that.

zro@rtv
07-13-2005, 04:38 AM
made some 'minor' (i guess) changes.... i like the texture,... changed the nav a bit to have an "active state" when your on a particular page....

dunno if the 'dutch swirls' really fit the motif.... i like but im getting mixed responses from my frieds in real life.

lemme kno.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum