View Full Version : IMG in a list - Gotta kill a bullet...

cjwsb
07-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Hi all,

Probably easy, but I'm stumped...

At this test page (http://www.bartlett-family.net/chrisbartlett/about/), I have now included a little horizontal image spacer image IN the list on the right. You'll notice that it has a bullet just like the text links do.

I want the image right where it, preferably with no space above or below it between the "Resume" & "I Can Help" links. If I close the UL tag after Resume, then re-open it before I Can Help, the gap is too big. So I threw the image directly into the list!

But I gotta kill the bullet.

How?

CSS FILE (http://www.bartlett-family.net/chrisbartlett/main.css).

Thanks!

Chris

bazz
07-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I would try using the class you have given the spacer LI, and give it the attribute

list-style-type : none; OR

I would put the lists in the one div and split them as you tried. Then do as you have tried also, and put the spacer in between. Then play with the margins of the top and bottom of each of the lists to remove the excessive space you mentioned.

Bazz.

cjwsb
07-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I would try using the class you have given the spacer LI, and give it the attribute

list-style-type : none; OR

I would put the lists in the one div and split them as you tried. Then do as you have tried also, and put the spacer in between. Then play with the margins of the top and bottom of each of the lists to remove the excessive space you mentioned.

Bazz.
Solution 1 didn't work unfortunately.

I've executed solution2, but am having problems.

I've gotten it in the general area of where I want it using more div's, etc...

But there is entirely too much space on top. I've hacked the css with pads and margins for the last 10 minutes to no avail. Erf...

How can I kill this flippin' dead space?

Not to mention that it doesn't even show up in FF now.

Chris

bazz
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Oops, sorry, that should have been

list-style: none; It works in all my lists where I have removed the bullets.

Saw another thing in FF. Do you know that on the page which you have posted as test page, that in FF, there are two paragraphs, each of which contains one hyperlink. When I mouseover the plain html, the link performs as if I hovered it and for the second one, the text after the link jumps about. Thought you'd want to look at that.

Bazz

cjwsb
07-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I tried that, too. No go. No worries, I'll figure something out, but it's a small issue.

Thanks for the info.

Chris

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum