View Full Version : Greenbomber Redesign Review

07-09-2005, 06:54 AM
I've recently decided to redo my main page.

Known Problems:
The menu produces an ugly scroll bar on the bottom of the container for Mozilla and Firefox. Opera and IE, however, do not.
The menu's list bullets are not displayed in any browser (this is the more important of the two).

I'm also open for suggestions on what to add to it.

07-09-2005, 08:11 AM
At first I though it was some site that was about mp3's and such because I saw the winamp interface. If that actually worked. That would be cool. Try this for your list

#site #menu div ul {
list-style-type: decimal;
max-width: 100%;
padding:0 0 0 20px;
Not sure how well that will work in IE might have to give some negative margins, but it takes away your scrollbar in FF and shows the list items.

07-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I fixed it on a local machine. IE likes it as well.

#site #sidebar div ul {
list-style-type: decimal;
margin: 0 0 0 25px;

* #site #sidebar div>ul {
width: 304px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0 0 0 20px;

As for the MP3s, I might not put any of those up there. But music? If I didin't, I'd be making a mockery of myself. =P I'm also going to get a good RSS feeder and read in some stats from my Audioscrobbler account.

07-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I think the design looks cool. :thumbsup:

07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Looks pretty nice to me - nice clean, interesting look and feel :thumbsup:

tell me something, if it's illegal to play big name/artist MP3s on your own website, how come there are still Mp3 players on the net which you can download and use stuff like basement jaxx as their sample tune? I forgot the link but I'll find it for you.:)

07-09-2005, 12:14 PM
It is actually more of a server admin thing. And since said admin is also my father...