View Full Version : Joke

Kura_kai
07-05-2005, 11:55 PM
I am trying to preform a joke with my friend for a website what i want it to do is that when ever they leave it will reopen the page. but so far the only problem is i don't know how to do something like that. a simple script for an example would be nice for me. and thank you for anyone who helps me

Brandoe85
07-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Nope, I doubt you'll find anyone around here to help you with something like that...

It's not even a little bit funny....

Kura_kai
07-06-2005, 01:41 AM
no the poping back up part isn't the funny part it is what i am putting on the site i just want it so that there stuck there for a bit

hemebond
07-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Does he use Firefox? If so, I've just this minute devised a devious plan I'm going to use against a coworker of mine.

Install the Greasemonkey extension. Then install a Javascript that adds an image or something to every web page they view.

BWAHAHAAA! I've so gotta do this.

jscheuer1
07-06-2005, 08:05 AM
<noscript><!-- hide from older browsers
document.write('Your browser doesn\'t support javascript')
//--> end hiding
</noscript>I think my joke is funnier than yours. :rolleyes:

Harry Armadillo
07-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Editing someone's user stylesheet (userContent.css for Firefox, name varies for IE) is fun. Make all images 16px by 16px, have links disappear when hovered, bold and italics get colorful backgrounds, paragraphs have tiny text in an unreadable font, etc, etc. Only takes seconds to do (or undo), but screws with every page.

hemebond
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I did it and he's not happy at all. It adds a fixed image to the bottom-right of every page. The image is hosted on my computer so I can change it. Right now it's his head in front of a bright yellow sun-burst.

Classic.

ArcticFox
07-07-2005, 05:02 AM
<noscript><!-- hide from older browsers
document.write('Your browser doesn\'t support javascript')
//--> end hiding
</noscript>

LMAO! That's the funniest thing I've seen all week!

Nope, I doubt you'll find anyone around here to help you with something like that...

Take a pill, Brandoe. :D Let 'em do it, they'll learn eventually. We don't need to supress anyone's "creativity" for any reasons. Besides, being evil is fun!

http://lab.artlung.com/scripting/onunload-window-open-evil/

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum