View Full Version : Website rip-off help

AshleyQuick
06-28-2005, 05:11 PM
My site has been essentially copied by another company. I seem to remember a forum dedicated to this but I cannot find it.

Also, can someone recommend a course of action? Should I just email them and contact someone?

Exis
06-28-2005, 06:16 PM
This is one of the downsides to developing the web: blatant rip-offs of sites. http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=10853&highlight=pirated is probably the thread you were looking for. Do you mind posting your url and the address of the pirates site?

JamieR
06-28-2005, 06:32 PM
www.pirated-sites.com I think still works ;)

AshleyQuick
06-28-2005, 06:50 PM
I posted the urls in the aforementioned thread.

Jason
06-28-2005, 10:37 PM
wow that is like scary coppied...I would be so pissed. Good luck on that battle.

Jason

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-28-2005, 11:04 PM
They both look like templates I've seen somewhere but can't remember where. Oh well.

PoweredPC
06-28-2005, 11:40 PM
You said in the other thread "not in the least" when the guy asked if your site is a template. Now you are saying it is? Honestly, if you take a template, expect it to be used by other people. You use a free template (or paid for one) that are for sale to the public, I bet 10+ people use the same template. Also, coincidentally, many people make sites that look ALIKE, but are not the same (just like houses may look alike but the architects have never seen the other's work). But if you use a template do not cry about pirating if you are too lazy to make your own site. Especially a WEB DESIGN site. You have got to be kidding. That is pretty pathetic if a WEB DESIGN site uses a PRE-MADE TEMPLATE! LMAO!!!!!

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM
You said in the other thread "not in the least" when the guy asked if your site is a template. Now you are saying it is? Honestly, if you take a template, expect it to be used by other people. You use a free template (or paid for one) that are for sale to the public, I bet 10+ people use the same template. Also, coincidentally, many people make sites that look ALIKE, but are not the same (just like houses may look alike but the architects have never seen the other's work). But if you use a template do not cry about pirating if you are too lazy to make your own site. Especially a WEB DESIGN site. You have got to be kidding. That is pretty pathetic if a WEB DESIGN site uses a PRE-MADE TEMPLATE! LMAO!!!!!
Ashley never said they were templates. I think you might have gotten my ID confused with hers.

AshleyQuick
06-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Ashley never said they were templates. I think you might have gotten my ID confused with hers.

To clarify, GateQuest.net is NOT a template.

Exis
06-29-2005, 04:15 PM
The guys who pirated her site even stole her logo for the most part...what has the world come to?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum