View Full Version : advice on my website

gonewithwind
06-27-2005, 03:15 PM
any comments will be appreciated.

My website (http://www.toplistweb.com)

ronaldb66
06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Since this thread has been deafeningly silent ever since it was started I feel sort of obliged to repond: I guess the main reason for this lack of response is that your site doesn't provoke much in any way.

It's not ugly, but it's plain and common, the design fails direction, it lacks a clear identity and feels slightly cluttered.
There seems to be no consistent color scheme; the navigation works fine, but there's no clear structure or order.

Lastly, the content doesn't strike me as particularly useful, and the whole site seems to be created as a coat rack for advertisement, with no real goal besides that.

little_toaster
06-30-2005, 04:02 PM
sorry, but i have to agree with Ron, it lacks communitive skills and character!

chin up tho, try again!, maybe try a CSS layout instead of tables. and prettier colors! :) :)

alabamahsports
07-02-2005, 10:54 PM
As do I. However, the navigation is great. Most hosting sites are very professional.. And, I think clients want to be hosted by someone with a professional website.

JamieR
07-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't like it much....not to mention the bad code - use CSS!!! :p

gsnedders
07-02-2005, 11:22 PM
It looks like a template. 'nough said.

JamieR
07-02-2005, 11:32 PM
I concur...

mw2005
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
I think that the websit does have some potential. I would advise you to make the website more uncluttered and try to reduce the amount of advertisments on your website. It has some good advice but some of it needs to be more clear and I think that the font size needs to be a bit bigger. But, there is definatly potential and in the future i believe that this website could be a great success.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum