View Full Version : DirectX DetectReadPciSlotInformation error

jaywhy13
06-23-2005, 03:02 PM
I get the following error, I googled it but it didn't turned up much....
"The procedure entry point DetectReadPciSlotInformation could not be located int the dynamic link library netdetect.dll"
What can I do to fix that?

When tryin to open this eumlator that I have I also that an error from DirectX about "D3D_INVALIDCALL"

There is nothing out in the device listing... no yellow question mark beside my video driver. And how do I fnid out the name of my video card so I can search for the drivers if I need 2 again.... plz help :confused:

JamieR
06-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Sounds like a graphics card driver problem to me or an incompatibility with the version of DirectX you have and your graphics card. Your graphics card's model and manurfacturer should be under display adaptors in device manager...if it isn' t then I don't know why :confused: :)

tboss132
06-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi,

Why don't you try reinstalling your Graphics adapter? If you can open up your PC, (don't know if you're allowed), you can get the name of the graphics adapter. It's usually written on it.

jaywhy13
06-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Well I have a dell, and I think.. its an nVidia onBoard graphic thingy... I'll open it lata and let u know for sure.

JamieR
06-23-2005, 08:26 PM
If it is onboard then you can just reinstall the drivers straight off your driver cd which came with your pc. However do dell do that? it might all be in with the recovery software :eek:

jaywhy13
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
If it is onboard then you can just reinstall the drivers straight off your driver cd which came with your pc. However do dell do that? it might all be in with the recovery software :eek:
hey there's an idea... man, u ppl r geniuses...
thnx weazel :thumbsup:
oh but wait... will i find that cd? :confused:

JamieR
06-23-2005, 09:11 PM
hey there's an idea... man, u ppl r geniuses...
thnx weazel :thumbsup:
oh but wait... will i find that cd? :confused:

no problem :)

Erm if you can't find the CD then you can probably get them of dell's website ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum