View Full Version : INSERT INTO Statement error....???[Resolved}

xman51
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Hello All,

I have part of a PHP page I am trying to write which i want it to write information to a database. I have the odbc system dsn created on my machine. And I was able to execute a simple "Select * From" Clause using the same source, but this sql statement i have in the code below is giving me all sorts of trouble:

<html>
<body>

<?php

$userIP=$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
$DateStr=date("l dS of F Y h:i:s A");
$FlashVer="Flash V6";
$BrowseVer=$_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"];

$conn=odbc_connect('FlashStats','','');
if (!$conn)
{
exit("Connection Failed: " . $conn);
}
$sql="INSERT INTO [Jun 2005] (IPAddress, DateTime, Flashversion, Browserversion) " .
"VALUES ('$userIP', '$DateStr', '$FlashVer', '$BrowseVer') ";
echo $sql;
$rs=odbc_exec($conn,$sql);
if (!$rs)
{
exit("Error in SQL");
}

?>

</body>
</html>

And here is the output in the browser:

INSERT INTO [Jun 2005] (IPAddress, DateTime, Flashversion, Browserversion) VALUES ('127.0.0.1', 'Tuesday 21st of June 2005 09:57:46 AM', 'Flash V6', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)')
Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement., SQL state 37000 in SQLExecDirect in c:\phpdev\www\test\odbc.php on line 21
Error in SQL

Does anyone know what the hell this means and how to fix it?!?!? :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Xman51

Nightfire
06-21-2005, 04:12 PM
$sql="INSERT INTO 'Jun 2005' (IPAddress, DateTime, Flashversion, Browserversion) " .
"VALUES ('$userIP', '$DateStr', '$FlashVer', '$BrowseVer')";

xman51
06-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the quick reply...now it gives me this error:

INSERT INTO 'Jun 2005' (IPAddress, DateTime, Flashversion, Browserversion) VALUES ('127.0.0.1', 'Tuesday 21st of June 2005 10:16:50 AM', 'Flash V6', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)')
Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in query. Incomplete query clause., SQL state S1000 in SQLExecDirect in c:\phpdev\www\test\odbc.php on line 21
Error in SQL

See where it says Incomplete query clause? :confused:

Thanks again,

Xman51

xman51
06-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Here is the solution for all who is interested:

$sql="INSERT INTO Jun2005 " .
"VALUES ('$userIP', '$DateStr', '$FlashVer', '$BrowseVer', '$referer', '$Entry', '$Exit', '$Hits', '$Files', '$Pages', '$Kbytes')";

Make sure you dont have a primary key selected in the db, and that your formats are correct. (The reason it wouldn't write to the database is because the date format did not match...tee hee :o ) Also in this format you have to give a value for every field in the db. If any of them have been omitted then it will throw an error.

Thanks to all for your assistance,

Xman51

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum