View Full Version : Geoffers v.3

gsnedders
06-21-2005, 01:54 AM
It's more or less finished now, I'm gonna wait a bit till it goes GM, make sure it looks better by then ;)

http://geoffers.uni.cc/corners.php

AaronW
06-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Seemed all classy and proper until I saw the 's' word :eek:

That header's taking up more space than it ought to, I think. Maybe level out the title and just squish it into a much shorter box?

The black links on the blue background and the white text on the green background are sort of getting close to the "not enough contrast" zone.

Finally, you say "... on the right" in your last paragraph. What if I don't have a CSS-capable browser? What then? Huh?

I'm sure it's not all that big of a deal, but I think "contact info on this page" would suffice, no? Hehe.

It's colourful. Reminds me of candy. Graphically, it's very simple. Maybe some kind of plastic effect on the bubbles or something would jazz it up some. Looks decent as-is though.

WebPlaya
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Why do you keep on refering yourself as "he" on your site?

whackaxe
06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Why do you keep on refering yourself as "he" on your site?

It worked for ceaser :shrug:

anyways, on a 800*600 screen, the corners waste alot of space, and the slante title text looks a bit strange. maybe align it horizontaly

mark87
06-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I like that alot, very colourful! :)

Maybe the links stick out a bit too much? I'd lighten them up a bit if I was you, that's about all though! Nice. :thumbsup:

Oh, and it seems like its not vertically aligned properly - looks like it's a bit too far left.

gsnedders
06-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Aaron:

There's a new 's' word :p

The header looks kinda stupid when it's horizontal.

The links have been changed, and I want to keep the text colour unanimous throughout the page.

I've changed that, stupid mistake of mine.

WebPlaya:

Is there any law against the 3rd person?

whackaxe:

As I said, the header looks kinda stupid when it's horizontal.

mark87:

Done. On both counts.

mark87
06-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Nice, although getting a weird prob... duno why!

http://img168.echo.cx/my.php?image=geoffers3nc.png

JamieR
06-21-2005, 07:36 PM
I quite like it overall, however one thing I mentioned to Geoffers earlier is that I thought that it was a bit bright and bold in terms of colour however nothing wrong with it.

:)

Itchybug
06-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Is there any law against the 3rd person?

There's nothing wrong with speaking of oneself in the first person, it looks goofy to use the third, unless you're royalty or schizophrenic.

Edit: corrected a typo.

Just my 3 cents.

gsnedders
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Nice, although getting a weird prob... duno why!

http://img168.echo.cx/my.php?image=geoffers3nc.png
That is weird. Fullstop. Any ideas as to what's causing it?

NeilKelty
06-21-2005, 09:06 PM
That is weird. Fullstop. Any ideas as to what's causing it?

IE :o not sure but i've seen that before somewhere, lets see if i can try and find it.

gsnedders
06-21-2005, 09:21 PM
IE :o not sure but i've seen that before somewhere, lets see if i can try and find it.
I already know it's IE, and it appears only to be after you highlight some text.

BroChris
06-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I love it. Very nice work!

I refer to myself in the 3rd person on my site as well. I think it's appropriate sometimes!

JamieR
06-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I always talk to people on my site in 1st person narrative as I feel it's more welcoming if your style of voice is like you're talking to your browsers. However I'm usually stuck for stuff to say anyway :p....3rd person sometimes makes the site feel like a big biography or obituary of someone ;)

NeilKelty
06-22-2005, 02:49 AM
I already know it's IE, and it appears only to be after you highlight some text.

Or scroll down then back up.

gsnedders
06-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Or scroll down then back up.
Well, my screen is too big for that :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum