View Full Version : The-New-World.com

Sander77
06-19-2005, 05:01 PM
I would like to know your opinion about our new website:

The New World - The #1 Webdevelopment and Webhosting Portal (http://www.the-new-world.com)

JamieR
06-20-2005, 04:43 PM
1) background is tooo bright
2) you have PHP parse errors on there
3) The advert at the top is in a very weird and unsettled place ;)
4) Table layout - no no :p
5) in terms of colour scheme/links etc that's ok but the background is far too bright, as I already said.
6) The main banner image would look a lot better perfectly centered, as would the nav bar underneath. At present they are floating left...

Jamie :)

Crake
06-20-2005, 05:16 PM
i think jamie is being a bit harsh! :p

but he is rite the background is to bright :thumbsup:

evo
06-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by new, seeing as you have had a site around since February 2003, but if you mean new as in a new design/layout, then it looks quite strange when I view it in Opera - a lot that you could fix there.

All the points previous, along with the fact that it looks like you have used a ready-made template. If you haven't then that is a feel that you do not want, and should signal the need to revert back a few steps and start over.

You have this strange border around your page, seriously, that needs to go, as do the "::"s used as footer-menu splits. Font size could be increased, not very good for those with poor eye-sight.

Also, your logo is wrong and your tone of colours harsh, not only for the background - for the text (links and headers) also.

Weazel's critique isn't harsh, it is not detailed enough.

JamieR
06-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Weazel's critique isn't harsh, it is not detailed enough.

Ya, Sorry :) - Afterall you're the professional graphic designer, I'm not ;)

evo
06-20-2005, 06:16 PM
meh, you need time for detail, don't stress. I don't have that much.

JamieR
06-20-2005, 06:17 PM
meh, you need time for detail, don't stress. I don't have that much.

Yeah that's true - I don't have that much time at present with school work etc :-|

evo
06-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah that's true - I don't have that much time at present with school work etc :-|

Dude, you just refreshing every few seconds?

:eek:

JamieR
06-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Dude, you just refreshing every few seconds?

:eek:

lol well I stay on here for a while and then go away and do school work or other stuff then come back ;)

Exis
06-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Coding Problems: See attached

Im using WinXP Pro SP2 in Firefox 1.0.4 at 1024x768...if all that info is important to you.

Sander77
06-21-2005, 10:16 AM
1) background is tooo bright
2) you have PHP parse errors on there
3) The advert at the top is in a very weird and unsettled place ;)
4) Table layout - no no :p
5) in terms of colour scheme/links etc that's ok but the background is far too bright, as I already said.
6) The main banner image would look a lot better perfectly centered, as would the nav bar underneath. At present they are floating left...

Jamie :)

Thank you for all your comments. The parse error was a problem with a script I removed. The advert and main banner image are not alligned in FireFox en Opera. I'm working on that.
Is was wondering if you could explain the remarks about table layout. What do you mean with "Table layout - no no"? how do you do this?

evo
06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
You have used tables to build your website, it can be done without, but I presume on that point, you are not aware of web standards.

Venture to sites like:

www.w3schools.com,
www.htmldog.com,
www.alistapart.com,
www.csszengarden.com,
www.cssbeauty.com

The latter two show examples of sites that have been built without using tables to structure layout.

Hopefully, through looking at these, you'd get a better idea how flexible CSS really is.

Any questions, we're here to help.

:)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum