View Full Version : Site Review

06-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome...

(its about 95% complete - there are still a few odds and ends to be tied up)

06-18-2005, 04:08 AM
top down:

banner image:

looks crowded. You have the sheilds borders laying edge to edge with the images/font. awkward. needs either some definate space or some obvious overlap. Too static as is. And the banner doesn't link to the home page.

center it. the "main page" link is right up on the left end but there is a gap on the right after "sponsors". Looks off.

sidebar: fine for me

content: too much padding on the left side. not even on the right. how the dotted line under "welcome students..." hits the image to right looks bad since the line doesn't fill the white space. the vertical under that doesn't line up and since everything else does it looks out of place.

footers fine.

but wait i have a a ff 1.0.4 problem for you. a riend had ff 1.0.4 and told me about this. I have ff 1.0.2 screeny attached:

06-18-2005, 03:08 PM
That error only appears if you have javascript disabled. well spotted though - It should be fixed now.

I'm still playing about with the alignment/content on the front page - it should be a bit more accurate now as i've made a few tweaks.

06-24-2005, 06:23 AM
I like it, very nicely done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

06-24-2005, 08:54 AM
to be honest i dont like the couler schemes far to crowed at the top and the content is all overlapped

good luck :thumbsup:

07-08-2005, 07:43 PM
It looks too cluttered and i would change the colour of the rollovers (in the navigation) instead of red to something which is more visable with a black background.