View Full Version : help to find where to change SMTP settings.

bazz
06-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I've just installed Thunderbird and can do everything I want except send. The program is trying to connect to a different server from that which I use. It is also different from that which I entered to the account set up. I have checked *utlook e*press for any settings which may have transferred but the old server details were'nt in it.
Can anyone point me to where it may be getting the info from so I can change it?

Win XP Home
Thunderbird : version 1.0.2 (20050317)

Bazz

JamieR
06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Wasn't there a default SMTP server which had to be changed or was that in Incredimail :confused:

You can change the SMTP server settings by going to tools > account settings
then select the outgoing server (smtp) part and edit it there :)

Jamie.

bazz
06-14-2005, 03:38 PM
yep, I have that set as it should be but when I try to send a message it looks for a different server :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

I'll get onto the isp and see what wonderful wisdom they might have for me :D

Bazz

JamieR
06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Weird...it shouldn't do that under any circumstance I would have thought. Have you tried reinstalling it? What's the SMTP server it keeps looking for?

Jamie.

bazz
06-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Just been reminded by the isp that they don't provide an smtp server for my space. I can only read from it.

This is probably why I've been using a webmail system for about three years. :cool:

So I may stick with it for now (using Thunderbird for the archives), until I change ISP's soon. Then I shall have my own dedicated server with complete access to use whatever programs I wish :)

Thanks Jamie.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum