View Full Version : links in a stylesheet

05-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Is it possible to have your links actually in the stylesheet document?

I am doing a HTML/CSS website for a small company, that at the end will be turned over to them for their own updating. With this in mind, I know that they will not be able to handle anything beyond the simplicity of HTML/CSS programming. (so php and those kind of beauties are out)

I would like to have the links in the stylesheet, that way when any changes are made to the 'unversal' links, they will occur automatically on every page.

Thanks in advance,

05-31-2005, 08:34 AM
No there is no way of putting links inside a stylesheet. A stylesheet is meant just for that, styling, not content. You can maybe use a php include and they will only have to update one file. You make some type of content management system but that will be a bit more work for you.

05-31-2005, 12:16 PM
As said, there are different server-side possibillities to include links, when you have no access to that include a separate javascript-file like you do with your css file. Good luck,

05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
agreeing with what's already been said:

If you were to buld the Content management system in scripts like php or perl, your client would be bale to amend it as they wish, using nothing more than html in their browser, giving them a better solution and you, a 'continual' customer.