View Full Version : Refreshing the page, method for.

05-30-2005, 07:15 PM
ok, i know i'm approaching this the wrong way however i can't think of any other way to do this right now.
I know there is an easy way to do it, i just think i'm too stubborn in my ways to allow myself to think of it.

a code solution is not required for this thread, simple plain english solution will suffice.

I have my main page title index.php

when the page loads I check to see if the url var 'page' is loaded, if not I append it to the url.

so now i have:

now, the values passed into page are the current page urls (minus the file type *.php) and are needed for navigation amungst other things.

Now, how the navigation works is:
The page is a single doc with an iframe in it, selecting a 'tab' from the tab lists at the top changes the iframe src, some style properties using JS (making the tab appear selected) it also should change the page=whatever to page=newpage.

The purpose of changing the page=whatever value to the current page is so I can track the 'current tab' if the user reloads the index.php (by submitting a form from the main doc.)

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an example posted online right now but I forget the url, if you need more clerification please ask and I will be more than happy to post it.

Rob Lemon.

05-31-2005, 05:20 AM
What exactly is your problem?

05-31-2005, 11:26 AM
just use cookies to store the current page.