View Full Version : Form info to email-address?

Vapor
05-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Is it possible using javascript to have a form with a submit button and have the information typed in the form be sent to an email address using only client-side?

If so, could someone give me an example of this code?

Thank you

jshl_wiz
05-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Nop, not possible, tried it before. You gotta have a CGI file, or a PHP page or something like that. You can find form-to-mail servers on the web that will do it for free and give you all the instructions. That sucks doesn't it?

Vapor
05-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Aaah man! That does suck! It looks much cleaner to type in your info and have it sent to your email address then trying to have a mailto command pop-up the new email window and typing in a message.

Is there really no other way!?!?

Basscyst
05-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Really. Though, you can specify what the message body is to entail in the mailto link, as well as the subject, so you could have them fill in the form and then dynamically fill in the body portion of the mailto link, which would be the submit button. Not a good way to go about it though, as it will do nothing for someone without a default mail client.

Basscyst

jshl_wiz
05-26-2005, 10:40 PM
yeah there's another way, as I mentioned there are websites that offer a "form-to-mail" service that's most of the time for free. They give you all the instructions on how to set it up on your webpage. You gotta search a website that gives you that service though.

Basscyst
05-26-2005, 10:42 PM
And that service is just using a server side language to process the mail, so it really isn't another way, it's just someone doing it for you.

Basscyst

Vapor
05-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Actually,

I have been typing what I want in the subject on body of the email. I just wish that it could be done by a form on client-side. I just looks slick.

Oh well,
Thanks for the input

-vapor

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum