View Full Version : Live Streaming Real Time Video Using ADSL- Whats Needed?

stephenc
05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
I'd like to try setting up a live video and audio link without having to reinvent the wheel.

Ideally, this would be internet based (utilising Broadband) and would allow a motor vehicle repair shop to take a 'webcam' out to a vehicle on a forecourt, walk around it while sending live images possibly through wi-fi of that vehicle at the same time.

The audio link could be simply on a handsfree through a normal local telephone line to avoid latency, or embedded in the broadband connection.

Does this technology exist? I'm not talking about Yahoo Messenger, Windows Netmeeting or MSN but something a bit more sophisticated.

Stephen

Auriga
05-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Google is your friend... (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Live+Streaming+Real+Time+Video+Using+ADSL&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

stephenc
05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I was actually hoping that someone would point me in the right direction instead of sending me to Google which I've already previously spent ages on

Stephen :confused:

Unit
05-19-2005, 09:06 PM
To me, it sounds like all you want is a wireless webcam.. is that right?

stephenc
05-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Whether its wireless or not doesn't matter; its the technology or software behind it that I'm interested in.

As I say, 'I'm not talking about Yahoo Messenger, Windows Netmeeting or MSN but something a bit more sophisticated.' In particular, something with a higher resolution than the above.

Stephen

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum