View Full Version : My mouse moves by itself

bfsog
05-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I have up-to-date anti virus software, as well as SpyBot search and Destroy and Ad-Aware.

However, while using computer the mouse cursor moves on its own accord, sometimes in completely the wrong direction.

I have installed the drivers for the mouse again but still the problem occurs.

Any suggestions?

evo
05-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Does it have a heartbeat and is it running around? If so I should think you've got no problems. It is quite natural for them to move on their own accord and they really do have a mind of their own. Just put the little bugger back in its cage and it'll be alright. :D

I presume you have an optical mouse, if so then your mouse may need a little cleaning.

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-02-2005, 02:06 PM
or the surface on which the mouse is on, if it is an optical mouse, the surface can't be too shiny, or it will reflect back and give false readings to the mouse.

JamieR
05-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah, or it could just be faulty :D

Crake
05-05-2005, 09:37 PM
is it a mouse or a tap touch labtop?

my brouthers touch mouse moves on its own ( occasianly ) :eek:

JamieR
05-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Well on my laptop when it gets dirt on it (the touchpad) or gets affected by vibration it can *click* by itself.

Crake
05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
hehe if the speakers were near it and they were pretty base there would be an awfull alot of clicking going on :p

...{chris}...
05-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Why does everyone think their computer problesm have to deal with spyware/viruses?!

-Chris

JamieR
05-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Why does everyone think their computer problesm have to deal with spyware/viruses?!

-Chris

They don't. However adware/spyware is on > 98% of home computers, so it is a popular candidate for causing problems :mad:

Exis
05-06-2005, 01:46 AM
If your mouse if wireless it might be someone near you with the same product and your reciever is getting thier mouse movement signals...happened to me and a buddy with a microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard combo. He could control my mouse...got very frustrating during network gaming against him ><.

WA
05-06-2005, 02:17 AM
This is more likely just a problem with your mouse or Windows XP than some virus. My mouse sometimes moves around by itself as well- switching from a USB optical mouse to low tech serial ball mouse fixed the problem. Unless your mouse is moving like it has a brain and opening programs, it's probably not spyware.

wabirdman
05-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I suggest you load on to your computer the module -- CAT1.1

It will stop the mouse from moving on its own, in fact it will stop it moving at all.

:cool:

wabirdman

Crake
05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
...{chris}... were harldy idiots if your gonna call us idiots when were helping people dont bother joining in this thread.

anywhom how did your reply help bfsog....

If your mouse if wireless it might be someone near you with the same product and your reciever is getting thier mouse movement signals...happened to me and a buddy with a microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard combo. He could control my mouse...got very frustrating during network gaming against him ><.

funny that i had the same problem

...{chris}...
05-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I have up-to-date anti virus software, as well as SpyBot search and Destroy and Ad-Aware.

However, while using computer the mouse cursor moves on its own accord, sometimes in completely the wrong direction.

I have installed the drivers for the mouse again but still the problem occurs.

Any suggestions?

I hope you all saw this :\

Basscyst
05-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Yes chris, I'm sure they did. However, that means nothing except that the user may have a false sense of security with regards to those items those pieces of software are meant to protect against.

Basscyst

bfsog
05-07-2005, 12:33 AM
The only reason I babbled on about my protection is I did not want to come back to the thread to see messages like "its spyware".

Thanks for the useful replies. I done some searching and a number of sites have suggested distilled alcohol to rub the insides.

Crake
05-07-2005, 02:21 PM
ok...never heard that before but good luck!

Tayo Odukoya
05-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Bfsog, pls tell us what type of mouse you use. Is it a touch pad or a real mouse? Is it infrared or it has a ball? These will enable you get a good answer. The problem is likely from the hardware side.

yamoo
05-15-2005, 08:43 PM
If it's a mouse that uses a ball, you may need to clean the weel's on the inside.
If it's a optical mouse, then try putting some paper under it.

Becuase with optical mice, shiny surfaces can cuase the cursor to jump around on the screen.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum