View Full Version : Firefox cursor bug

whackaxe
04-27-2005, 08:20 PM
since I installed firefox 1.0.3 im getting a cursor on my screen like a text editor, its rather annoying to have it flashing around when i'm reading an article, and even more annoying having to wait for it to get to the top of the page to start scrolling when i hit the arrow keys. anyone know about this or have a fix? TIA

-whackaxe

JamieR
04-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm using FF 1.0.3 and I'm not getting any problems. A cusor that looks like a text editor? :confused:

whackaxe
04-27-2005, 08:51 PM
encolsed is an screenie of the bug, the cursor you see flashes on and off... like a text editor. Firefox is really disspointing me lately. the last time i was actually pleased with a FF update was 0.9.

JamieR
04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah I see....:p

that's weird - I don't have any problem with it. - I just tried to do a screenie, showing the default cursor the "I" type of thing....but the cursor didn't show up on the screenie :confused:

Bill Posters
04-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I think it's possibly an accessibility doodad. Take a gander through the FF prefs/options and have a play around with the Accessibility settings that are under the Advanced tab.

JamieR
04-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah...or you could reinstall firefox ;)

whackaxe
04-27-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it's possibly an accessibility doodad. Take a gander through the FF prefs/options and have a play around with the Accessibility settings that are under the Advanced tab.

thanks Bill, worked great. exact option is Advanced->Accessability->Move system caret with focus/system changes. didn't know that was even called a system caret!

must have happend when i had to redo my whole profile after it corrupted and stopped FF from starting properly. :mad:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum