View Full Version : turn a calendar csv format into an icalendar format?

bradyj
04-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Know of any programs that can convert the outlook csv format into the open source icalendar format? I can't seem to find any scripts or documentation -- guess I might have to handwrite it if anyone has a tutorial? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Antoniohawk
04-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Is this what you're looking for Brady? [http://daesoft.com/icalexport/]

bradyj
04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Kinda-- It means I'll have to fire up virtual pc, but I think that'll do it -- thanks Antoniohawk :thumbsup:

Mhtml
04-25-2005, 12:18 AM
If you still want to write one I can help, if you supply a csv file (I'm not exactly sure how a calendar csv is set out) .... I have most of this week off and want something to do :p...

bradyj
04-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah, that would be cool to learn:) The CSV (comma seperated values) seems to be the outlook standard format, which I get often from clients. I've been attempting to find a way to port them to icalendar so I can get them on sunbird and keep me on ical. However, I've not see a good depository of all of the tags I can use for ical.

Attached is an example I was going to work out -- Chicago Cubs baseball schedule. Since most of it is redundant, you'd probably only need to do one line and I could grep search and replace as needed:)

I zipped it for ya', I owe you guys one for the lesson!

jonca
05-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Know of any programs that can convert the outlook csv format into the open source icalendar format? I can't seem to find any scripts or documentation -- guess I might have to handwrite it if anyone has a tutorial? Thanks! :thumbsup:

I would use the calendar plugin for Firefox or its standalone version (Sunbird) to import outlook generated .csv file and then export it to iCal or vCal. Works like charm for me :).

-jacek

thegreatco
04-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I wrote a CSV to iCal converter. Right now it only works to a specific calendar system for my school. However it is PHP based and I am working on converting it to a general upload CSV to iCal. Keep an eye on www.thegreatco.com for updates on it. Hope this helps.

thegreatco
04-22-2008, 01:58 AM
It is up and running. Check it out here. CSV to iCal Converter Post (http://www.thegreatco.com/2008/04/21/csv-to-ical-generic-update-3/)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum