View Full Version : Live Music Control

ACJavascript
04-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Hello All,

Long time no see :D

Okay right now I can control WMP with the following codes (in IE)

document.player.controls.stop();
document.player.controls.play();

ect...

Now when I run this code in Firefox It won't work. So I decided to try and use netscape type code.

document.player.stop();
document.player.play();

These codes do not work.

Does ANYONE know what codes that will work in FIREFOX, because this is driving me crazy!

Thanks for any help provided! :thumbsup:

ACJavascript
04-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Update,

Okay I am using this code:
document.getElementbyId("player").Stop();

I recieve this error:
Error: document.getElementById("player").Stop is not a function
Source File: file:///C:/AC/CustomScripts/charlotte/templates/playtime_controls.html
Line: 5

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I've never tried to control the wmp control using javascript frankly because I haven't found or heard of any javascript that was able to, but if you gave us a link that we could work with, we might be able to figure something out.

codegoboom
04-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Apparently, this requires the "The Gecko ActiveX Component", according to the following article: The Windows Media ActiveX Control Not Just for Internet Explorer Anymore (http://www.streamingmedia.com/r/printerfriendly.asp?id=8584)

ACJavascript
04-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Okay this makes sense now, I do not have activeX controls installed for firefox.

I located this page:
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm

Now I know this is a stupid question, but what version should I download.

I looked at the "about Firefox" display and it says FireFox 1.0.2.

Thanks for all the help! :thumbsup:

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Their plugins are outdated, it says the firefox 1.0 version doesn't work for any other version of FF, but FF is up to 1.0.3 it might work so I guess you can give it a try.

ACJavascript
04-24-2005, 05:21 AM
Hmm, well that doesn't seem to do the trick.

This is weird, when I go to say live365.com their radio does not play either, it justs asks me to download the .js scripts.

So I think its just me, but if other users "just" download firefox they will have the same issue.

This is the code I have now:

<EMBED type='application/x-mplayer2' pluginspage='http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/en/download/' name='player' id='player' displaysize='0' autosize='-1' bgcolor='darkblue' showcontrols="false" showtracker='-1' showdisplay='0' showstatusbar='-1' videoborder3d='-1' width="0" height="0" src="LINK" autostart="true" designtimesp='5311' loop="false" enablejavascript="true">
</EMBED>

and for javascript:

function stop_player(){
document.player.Stop();
}

Any ideas?

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-24-2005, 10:01 AM
it seems that stop is only a function in IE

ACJavascript
04-24-2005, 06:57 PM
It works in netscape. So I guess Firefox just doesn't work with these functions yet.

Oh well, thanks everyone for the help I truly appreciate it! :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum