View Full Version : transferring an expired domain...my web host says this is not possible?!

AshleyQuick
04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
This is how they responded. What resourse do I have?

Hi,

Your domain has been already Expired yesterday !

There is NO WAY to transfer expired domain

If you still want this domain please renew thru us then transfer to
any provider .

Thank you,

sweenster
04-14-2005, 09:32 PM
absolutley none I'm afraid. You would have to do as they said - renew the domain with this company before they will allow you to transfer it.

You *might* be able to get around this by renewing it, transferring it to the new company and then calling the original company to ask for a refund because you have cancelled within 14 days and you were not happy with the service you received. Its worth a try...

BUT the money you pay to register the domain makes it yours regardless of who you pay.

WA
04-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Renew it ASAP before all else, since right now, it might be possible for someone else to register and take the domain. Technically there should be a grace period, but to be safe, renew it ASAP.

gsnedders
04-14-2005, 10:32 PM
and that grace period I think is only 14 days...

AshleyQuick
04-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Thanks all. I just renewed.

This process is painstaking and I'm a bit miffed that my web host wasn't proactive. One of the reasons I like GoDaddy is that they remind via email when the expiration is approaching. My web host did not. With GoDaddy, it looks like you can consolidate your renew dates as well.

Ash

Auriga
04-15-2005, 06:32 AM
That's one reason i switched hosts.

I never heard a word when my account was due to expire.

Maybe i should've been a bit more aware, then again the host (like was said above) could've been slightly more pro-active.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum