View Full Version : Netscape and Mozilla browser issues

mfeglae
04-14-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't know where I have gone wrong. When I view my website off our network, IE, Netscape, and Mozilla all read the page just fine. Once I loaded the page, Mozilla and Netscape can no longer move through jump menus and certain links on a few different pages. Any suggestions on where to look?

A1ien51
04-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Are the JavaScript Console/Debugger showing any errors?

Using external scripts? Are the linked properly and not to the wrong place? All files uploaded?

Eric

mfeglae
04-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Everything is loaded, and works fine in Internet Explorer. Are there some bits of code, like "onchange", that Mozilla and Netscape don't work with? I keep finding hints to this, but I can't find a solution.

A1ien51
04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
code???

mfeglae
04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Here is one of my menus. Sorry it took so long to post....

<body bgcolor="#660033" text="#FFFFFF" link="#FFFFFF" vlink="#FFFFFF" alink="#FFFFFF">
<p align="right"><a href="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/SITE%20MAP.htm" target="mainFrame" onClick="parent.leftFrame.location='BLANK_MENU.htm'"><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>SITE
MAP</strong></font></a></p>
<p align="left"><font color="#ffffff" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>Search
for <a href="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM_MOTORS.htm" target="mainFrame" onClick="parent.leftFrame.location='MOTORS_MENU.htm'" >Pharmaceutical
Series</a> NEMA Motor Model Numbers:</strong>
<select name="select2" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent.frames[\'mainFrame\']',this,0); parent.leftFrame.location='BLANK_MENU.htm'">
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM.htm" selected>Please
Select One:</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-SINGLE.htm">----------------------------------</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-SINGLE.htm">SINGLE
PHASE</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-SINGLE.htm">----------------------------------</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-SINGLE-TEFC.htm">---TEFC---</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-NONE-SINGLE.htm">FOOTLESS</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-BLIND-SINGLE.htm">BLIND-TAPPED
FOOT</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-THRU-SINGLE.htm">THRU-HOLE
FOOT</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-THREE.htm">---------------------------------</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-THREE.htm">THREE
PHASE </option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-THREE.htm">---------------------------------</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-THREE-TENV.htm">---TENV---</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TENV-NONE.htm">FOOTLESS</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TENV-BLIND.htm">BLIND-TAPPED
FOOT</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TENV-THRU.htm">THRU-HOLE
FOOT</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-THREE-TEFC.htm">---TEFC---</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-NONE.htm">FOOTLESS</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-BLIND.htm">BLIND-TAPPED
FOOT</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-THRU.htm">THRU-HOLE
FOOT</option>
<option value="file:///F:/MICHELLE/STAINLESS%20WEBSITE/PHARM-TEFC-THRU-JM.htm">J,
JM, JP SERIES</option>
</select>
</font></p>

mfeglae
04-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Why would this code work off our network drive in all browsers, but not wend loaded on the internet?

A1ien51
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
because the internet does not know what the f drive is....

change them to links on the website

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum