View Full Version : my pc laggs!

Dejan33
04-10-2005, 05:57 PM
i have 256mb of ram and when im not playing anything such as games or internet or videos i have about 170mb ram in usage but when i start up even an three year old game that i used to be able to play without problems before...now after about 5 minutes of gameplay it slows down every 2 minutes...and sometimes when im streaming videos it starts to lag does anyone noe a way i can fix this or what the problem may be.

PLZ HELP!!

Dejan33
04-10-2005, 06:47 PM
any1?

JamieR
04-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Have you removed all viruses/trojans/worms/adware/spyware/BHO items from your computer? These take up valuable ram space.

Also, take stuff out of your startup..as these slow the performance of your pc and startup time.

Dejan33
04-10-2005, 06:51 PM
i took of everything now i only have about 120mb ram usage and still does the same thing... :(

Dejan33
04-10-2005, 06:55 PM
do u think there might be a hardware problem?

JamieR
04-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Could try installing more RAM....512MB + is ideal.

royall
04-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Long Way:Transfer all the files you want to a different computer, then wipe the hard drive clean and reinstall all the programs. Then transfer all the info back.

Short Cutty way: Disk defragment and disk cleaner, plus system mechanic (software). Also download http://www.myfileshack.com/userfiles/royall/autoruns.zip and stop unneeded programs from starting up in the first place when you turn the computer on. Also use Ctrl-alt-delete to stop unneeded prosesses.

JamieR
04-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Also download http://www.myfileshack.com/userfiles/royall/autoruns.zip and stop unneeded programs from starting up in the first place when you turn the computer on.

Mike Lin's startup control panel and startup monitor does the same thing and is the top of a google search for "startup" or atleast used to be:p..

What AV client do you have and what is the memory usage?

royall
04-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Mike Lin's startup control panel and startup monitor does the same thing and is the top of a google search for "startup" or atleast used to be:p..

Well, being at the top of the Google list only proves that the page matches the search's credentials better then anything else in Google's archives. In this situation it's usage over brand, so really anything will do as long as it works.

JamieR
04-11-2005, 12:43 AM
lol well it works ok, I havent ever tried the one you mention though.

Crake
04-12-2005, 06:25 PM
if you have your computer with accounts it splits up your hard drive into 3 if you have 3 accounts 4 if you have for accounts etc etc if you have account delete them! :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum