View Full Version : Java Equation

04-08-2005, 03:13 AM
Ok this may sound weird but i need a equation for java that can calculate for a robot the best possible way to get from point a to b . now than so far all i need to do is calculate it in the ms-dos style window java uses by default. it isn't going to send signals just display the variables than do some calculating. I preferable want it to be human in like motion and i am not to good with physics just wondering if anyone on this site is smart enough for a equation like that.

04-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Are thinking about something like this (http://www.nio.ntnu.no/hjelp/grafer.html)(just look at the picture), and trying to find the best way from one point to another?

04-08-2005, 03:46 PM
It's not an equation, it's an algorithm. See my post on Djikstra's Shortest Path, assuming, of course, that you can somehow represent the universe of the robot's travel as a graph with vertices and points that are known before a decision is made. Otherwise, your problem seems ill-specified to me.
I hope this helps, and I stress that understanding the algorithm first before you implement it is crucial.