View Full Version : folder lock

Crake
03-29-2005, 08:34 PM
hello my sister downloaded this little program called * folder lock * simply it locks up programs for you but now she has had it for over a time period she can not use it. heres the problem when i try to unistall it i have to put the password into folder lock and it wont tell me inless i buy it anyway i can unistall it without having to pay 35???

JamieR
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Tried System Restore? What about contacting teh manurfacturers?

sweenster
03-30-2005, 10:46 AM
turn the system date back a few weeks to when the trial period was still valid... works quite a lot of the time with trial programs

JamieR
03-30-2005, 01:09 PM
turn the system date back a few weeks to when the trial period was still valid... works quite a lot of the time with trial programs

ah yeh, but wouldnt software manurfacturers be aware of that and try to prevent that happening? I don't think that method would work on macromedia trials;)

tboss132
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
turn the system date back a few weeks to when the trial period was still valid...
...and uninstall the product while it is still valid. That should solve it.

JamieR
03-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Then yes it would solve it, but what if he has system restore turned off? (although it's enabled by default)

tboss132
03-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, if it was me I'd HACK :D off the offending software from my system. Don't ask me how, but I usually succeed :cool:

JamieR
03-30-2005, 04:14 PM
lol - as for me, it'd be a sledge hammer taken to the offending hard disk:D (or just a quiet reformat:p)

sweenster
04-01-2005, 11:49 PM
ah yeh, but wouldnt software manurfacturers be aware of that and try to prevent that happening?

yes, the bigger ones like macromedia do that but for little shareware utilities you would be surprised how many...

Crake
04-09-2005, 10:22 PM
ive tried going through to the folder through different direrctorties etc dont work!

royall
04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Do you need a Key Number to register? The name of the software is called Folder Lock or FolderLock?

So basicly you are trying to get rid of a program?

Also what version of Folder Lock?

sweenster
04-09-2005, 10:58 PM
i'm assuming its windowsXP you're using?

If so it can be resolved quite easily if you can get your paws on a copy of Win2k recovery console. simply boot from the CD, enter recovery console, cd to the folder, copy *.* c:\newfolder\*.* will copy the contents of the locked folder to a new folder in the c:\ drive thus allowing access to your files

PS
you may be prompted for administrator password - normally this is just blank

royall
04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Or you can just Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end the folder lock prosess freeing everything thats locked and use autoruns.exe after downloading the zip file at www.myfileshack.com/userfiles/royall/autoruns.zip to stop the Folder Lock program from even starting on restart. Restart the computer, then remove the registry files and delete everything else manually.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum