View Full Version : Menu Won't Overlap IFRAME in Safari

jakerbug
03-23-2005, 01:14 AM
This page: http://www.grayspire.com/oceanhm/temp/ohm_website2.html works fine on windows browers, but in Safari the menu can't seem to get itself on top of the IFRAME. When you roll over the submenus you can only go up to the edge of the IFRAME that contains the main section, then it goes away.

Does anyone know of a solution to get the menu to fuction as a layer on top of the IFRAME in Safari?

Thanks!
Jake

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-23-2005, 01:46 AM
you might have to set the z-index of the menu to a zindex that is higher than the iframe

jakerbug
03-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Yeah... the z-index of the menu is 1000 and the IFRAME is 1... the submenus show up on top of the IFRAME, but you just can't roll on to them or they disappear once you hit the IFRAME.

jakerbug
03-23-2005, 03:05 AM
one other note... if i move the positioning up or down it seems to work until i refresh the page... if that makes any sense...

brothercake
03-23-2005, 04:40 AM
I think that's a bug in Safari - it can't handle events in the region of an element which goes over an iframe (the events "fall through" and are handled by the iframe element). Is that consistent with what you're seeing?

jakerbug
03-23-2005, 11:27 PM
sure is. i figured as much. i'm glad i only spent about 4 hours fooling around with it... :mad:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum