View Full Version : Iframe help

Ganjii
03-17-2005, 10:36 PM
here's my dilemma. my Index page contains an image link that redirects to the main content page of my website. Now, my problem is i need a specific iframe on my main page to open to a specific page of content only when that specific link on my index page is clicked. Is there a way to achieve this function?

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-17-2005, 11:04 PM
give the iframe a name and set the target of that link to the name of the iframe

<a href="blah.com" target="certainiframe">blah</a>

<iframe src="blah2.com" name="certainiframe"></iframe>

Ganjii
03-17-2005, 11:10 PM
yes that will work to link a specific frame through a link, thank you. Maybe i can explain my problem a little more clearly.
I have the index page and the main page.
On the main page i have 2 iframes set up to link to pre-determined pages.
the iframe with the name Center is the frame that i am working with. But, i want these iframes to go to a different page through the buttonpress on the index page, a page not set in the code of the main page
So i want the iframe 'center' to display a different page other than the default page that i have set in the iframe code. get what im trying to say?

<a href="javascript:location='indext.htm';
parent.center.location='breastaug.htm'"> ???

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-18-2005, 01:40 AM
okay so u are trying to load two iframes at the same time by clicking a link that is in one of the iframed pages right? try this

<a href="index.html" onclick="location='index.html';parent.other.location='someotherpage.html';return false">link</a>

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum