View Full Version : Rounded corners without images

Grant Palin
03-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Just found this...It allows creation of those popular rounded corners without using images or CSS3.

Rounded Corners - Without Images! (http://pro.html.it/esempio/nifty/).

Looks pretty interesting - all that's required are a few simple styles and some JavaScript function calls. Would degrade well if JavaScript is disabled.

Any opinions on this? I'm no expert, but it seems to me that this could be useful!

03-16-2005, 01:02 AM
It's an interesting 'works right now' solution, but it's no more powerful or visually impressive than the CSS3 border-radius property (supported in Moz as -moz-border-radius). It is a lot more bloatewd though, obviously...

03-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Err... It's uglier than the image alternative. How exactly is this supposed to be beneficial?

By the way, Mozilla has something to do it even more easily:

-moz-border-radius: 10px;
border: 1px solid #f00;

I use that when the rounded corners aren't overly important to my layout. Giving input boxes very slight rounded edges for Mozilla users, for example. It won't validate, but it's nothing to worry about.

Grant Palin
03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
I was aware of that Mozilla-specific border property, but, obviously, it would only be useful in Mozilla. And as I understand it, CSS3 is still a ways away from having any complete implementation.

And I thought that the effect looked good, but that's just me anyway...