View Full Version : Layout okay or breaking up?

newbie121
03-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Hello,

This is my first post.

I have a page that is breaking up in IE6 on PC.

[link removed]

However, I have changed it somewhat and need someone with IE6 PC to see if the page layout is not breaking up.

[link removed]

I would be most grateful for someone to check the 2nd page. If it is breaking please take a screenshot and post it here.

Thanks for helping me out a lot.

ronaldb66
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
IE6.0/Win2000: nope, no dice; still all over the place.
Amazing, with so many layout tables, and you still manage to have it break so badly.

Try validating the markup; perhaps you missed some elements or closing tags here and there.

Whoops! No, it's valid HTML 4.01 trans. Alternatively, try to set some borders on your layout tables; maybe you've got some cells crossed/misaligned, and borders can help finding this out.

ronaldb66
03-15-2005, 12:04 PM
I've did a quick check on a copy: below the table with the different hosting plan comparisons you have two images sitting in a cell; either use CSS to make them block level, or insert a br in between the two. As is, they line up horizontally instead of vertically.

You still have some minor alingment issues to solve, but this was the biggest eye-sore.

newbie121
03-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks for checking.

Is this layout still breaking ?

[link removed]

Fingers crossed

Thanks again.

ronaldb66
03-15-2005, 12:27 PM
The main alignments look good; the leftmost border continues on perfecly, only the arrow in front of "We provide a cpanel 9 control panel ..." sits over it, and the hosting plan table is slightly too wide, overlapping the border images.

newbie121
03-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanks for checking.

I have totally redone the code and css.

It's still 100% valid, but I removed some conflicts.

It works fine in IE5 on Macos 9 and IE5.2 on Macos X and Safari on Macos X. Again, just need an IE6 on PC to check it. I am confident there are no problems this time, and even the arrow is fixed.

no problems with this page in IE6 PC (http://www.muggallery.com/comparetest.html)

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

newbie121
03-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Anyone? :(

ronaldb66
03-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Perfect.

Please do not go back and remove all links from your previous posts! Past threads serve as a useful knowledge base to people searching or browsing the forums to find answers to similar questions; your removing the links, even is they are just temporary, strongly reduce this thread's value for such purposes.

There is nothing wrong with making mistakes; don't try and hide the evidence! :p

ronaldb66
03-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Perfect.
I was referring to your page in IE6.0; looking great now, everything's lining up perfectly.

newbie121
03-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Please do not go back and remove all links from your previous posts! Past threads serve as a useful knowledge base to people searching or browsing the forums to find answers to similar questions; your removing the links, even is they are just temporary, strongly reduce this thread's value for such purposes.

There is nothing wrong with making mistakes; don't try and hide the evidence! :p

Sorry I wasn't aware it was wrong to do so.

Perfect.

Great ! I spent many hours redoing all the code and css. Worth it though. Many thanks for checking the layout. It's times like these I wonder if I should add a pc to my studio.

Thanks again

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum