03-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Earlier today I encountered a bizarre new (at least to me) bug with our good friend Internet Explorer.
Basically, I had an ordered list with bullets that did not increment. Every list item generated "1." before it.
Before I try to recreate it for the benefit of y'all, I thought I'd see if anybody has encountered this and knows the issue. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.
03-14-2005, 08:16 PM
hmm nope never had that problem before, any chance of a recreation, could be something else coming into play here
03-15-2005, 06:45 PM
what do you mean something *else*? there have been no possible somethings listed yet, thus "else" makes no sense. of course it is *something* coming into play, hence my question.
i'll try and remember to try to recreate it later...
03-15-2005, 07:24 PM
the else being something as in the actual html code, dont take things too literally
03-15-2005, 08:19 PM
I've seen it before. It does it on the catalogue I wrote for my parents (but they use FF). The list has over 100 items, but I didn't try reducing the items to see if that fixed anything. Just laughed at IE's fumbling over a list object and let it be.
03-19-2005, 02:31 PM
I was running into the same problem, and I ran across your board. Some more digging turned this little gem up.
"Setting a width on list items themselves tends to introduce very severe bugs, including things like missing list markers! I've also seen instances where the numbers on ordered lists didn't increment. The only solution I'm aware of is to never set the width/height of a list item.
Another critical problem is one where events stop triggering on list bullets. This totally breaks Explorer Tree. It tends to occur when setting a width/height on the list tag (<ul> or <ol>). The easiest workaround I've found (that seems to work) is to enclose the list in a <div> styled with the same width/height."
It worked for me.
Hope this helps,