View Full Version : Popups at e-mail recipients

bmwlover
03-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi nice people at CodingForums.com,

I am a newbie here. And I am quite new to JavaScript programming. :)
Though I know how to copy and paste JavaScript code into HTML page,
I came to have a question.

Can I send a JavaScript-embedded-email to a person in order to give
him/her several popups (when he/she opens the e-mail)? :confused:

I was using yahoo.com's SMTP mail server account to send an email
with popup <script> tags, however I failed. :mad:

Any input will be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-14-2005, 10:03 AM
it depends on the mail client, yahoo for example strips the script tags, to prevent such a thing, can i ask why you would want to do this in the first place? i know i would like popups opening on me, in the way u want them to, even if they could most popup blockers would block them anyways

bmwlover
03-14-2005, 10:19 AM
I need to program it - popups at mail recipients! :mad:

it depends on the mail client, yahoo for example strips the script tags, to prevent such a thing, can i ask why you would want to do this in the first place? i know i would like popups opening on me, in the way u want them to, even if they could most popup blockers would block them anyways

jbot
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Any input will be highly appreciated!

how about this, then. what you want is highly questionable, both ethically and developmentally. the only the reasons I can think that you'd want to do this is either to spam or annoy them. either way I'd be really dissappointed in this forums members if they deigned to help you on this. basically, what you're asking for, however seemingly legitimate, is out of order.

bmwlover
03-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh, no, you may misunderstand my position - Just my personal curiosity.
As Aerospace_Eng said, many people already have their personal popup
blocker programs these days. And based on your saying, it seems to me
that it can not be easily programmable, right?

how about this, then. what you want is highly questionable, both ethically and developmentally. the only the reasons I can think that you'd want to do this is either to spam or annoy them. either way I'd be really dissappointed in this forums members if they deigned to help you on this. basically, what you're asking for, however seemingly legitimate, is out of order.

jbot
03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
i can understand curiosity, but I still don't appreciate why you'd want or need to do this. it's just not the thing to do. and no matter how hard or easy it is, it is still not the right thing to do.

imagine an email opening 20 popups, and in the melee I run an exploit which changes your autoexec.bat to open IE up on startup with the lowest security settings, and redirects you to the dodgiest most spyware ridden pron site imaginable. do you think you'd be happy - I doubt it.

of course, that might be your intention here, so perhaps we should just close the thread before you get any more ideas/help, etc.

bmwlover
03-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey jbot, enough!
I think you don't have a good JavaScript programming skill to help me.
Please stop your over-killing interest - that's enough.

See, it is my personal interest - neither bugging nor haunting someone. Indeed, I am carrying out a psychology & management academic project
testing people's intention change when they come across e-mail popups.
do you understand?

PLEASE DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE BY YOUR OWN LIMITED EGOCENTRIC WAY.
Indeed, I need a piece of advice, not a piece of curse.

i can understand curiosity, but I still don't appreciate why you'd want or need to do this. it's just not the thing to do. and no matter how hard or easy it is, it is still not the right thing to do.

imagine an email opening 20 popups, and in the melee I run an exploit which changes your autoexec.bat to open IE up on startup with the lowest security settings, and redirects you to the dodgiest most spyware ridden pron site imaginable. do you think you'd be happy - I doubt it.

of course, that might be your intention here, so perhaps we should just close the thread before you get any more ideas/help, etc.

jbot
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey jbot, enough! I think you don't have a good JavaScript programming skill to help me.

i've only been doing it for 8 years, so I guess not :rolleyes:

See, it is my personal interest - neither bugging nor haunting someone. Indeed, I am carrying out a psychology & management academic project testing people's intention change when they come across e-mail popups. do you understand?

now you tell us.

PLEASE DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE BY YOUR OWN LIMITED EGOCENTRIC WAY. Indeed, I need a piece of advice, not a piece of curse.

well, here's some advice - don't come to a forum shouting the odds (as above) thinking the world owes you something. it doesn't and neither do the volunteers, myself included, of this bulletin board. you asked for some advice and you got it. if that isn't agreeable then tuff titties. when you posted you didn't mention what you were up to so people naturally assume you're at it. hence you got the standard rebuttal meeted out to the usual chancers. now, just because you're a student doesn't make you any less open to criticism. the posts above still count, now only moreso because of your rude reply.

have a nice day. not.

brothercake
03-14-2005, 08:43 PM
I am closing this thread though; it's just descended into abuse.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum