View Full Version : Pop-Under 100% of the Time?

03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I am trying to write an HTML file that will call a pop-under which will contain a java applet. As of now it will pop-under 50% of the time. The code I am using I have seen on numerous sites so it must be a problem on my end.

This is from my main html page:

var popunder="popup.html"
function loadpopunder(){

It will call a simple html file that only calls an applet. It is not possible for me to modify the applet in anyway. If I run these files without the applet, then the pop-under will always appear under my first html page. Any suggestions?

03-12-2005, 05:14 AM
so you want it to open above your pages? see what happens when you take out window.focus()

03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry I did not state my objective clearly. I would like the java applet to always pop-under. When I remove the java applet the pop-under html will always pop-under but as soon a I add the applet it becomes a pop-up.

Thank-you for your help.

03-14-2005, 02:58 PM
do u have a live link to this? im trying to picture what you are saying but can't seem to grasp it

03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
No, I'm sorry I don't have a live link and I am a novice html/javascript person so I apologize. What I am trying to do is create an html page that will display a progress bar as a layer over an applet on the same html page which I have done successfully. The problem is that a 3rd party company opens an html another html page that contains a java applet. I want my progress bar to be above everything. Unfortunately I don't have any access to that code so for test I am creating my own html page with an applet and trying to make it into a pop-under.

Thank-you for your help,