View Full Version : Animated hyperlinks

wokkaboy
03-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I need to create a series of 4 images, one replacing the next, which when clicked has to link to a different URL (basically like an animted gif but each frame to act as a different hyperlink).

Each image should appear on screen for about 3 seconds before moving onto the next.

Can anyone shed any light on how I set the properties of each image to link to a different URL?

Many thanks in advance
WB

jbot
03-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Can anyone shed any light on how I set the properties of each image to link to a different URL?

you don't. you put one image inside an hyperlink and change it's source to another image after n timelapse. so, preload the images, then add a mouseover event to the hyperlink which increments the image. to be honest, you'd be just as well to use an animated gif or mng for this.

wokkaboy
03-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I understand what you're saying jbot. Being new to java, could you let me know what scripting I should be putting in there to use a timelapse and change of image please - I'm using Dreamweaver.

Many thanks

jbot
03-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Being new to java, could you let me know what scripting I should be putting in there to use a timelapse and change of image please - I'm using Dreamweaver.

firstly, this is Javascript, not Java. they're not the same thing.

secondly, don't use DW for JS coding. it's pointless.

thirdly, google for 'javascript +"image preloading" script' and another for 'javascript +"image swap" script'. that should give you all the code you need.

wokkaboy
03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your help

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum