View Full Version : Screen resolution changer/Zoom help

Single Paradox
03-05-2005, 02:19 AM
I just got an idea... I think it could work but I'm not sure how it would be done. And please forgive me if this doesn't make much sense because I don't really know how to explain it.... THE PROBLEM: my site (http://www.singleparadox.com) is a site that doesn't use main scrollbars. Therefore if people on small resolutions come they can't see the bottom and the right hand corner of my site. What I'm trying to do is create a script that detects your screen resolution... And by using that, automatically change the site determining what the Zoom of the site is. ( body{zoom:100%} ). So say if you had 800 by 600px resolution, the zoom would automatically change to say.... 75% because it is so big. Please bear with me if you didn't understand that. Any help would be MUCH apprietiated. And even if it can't be done I would like to know so I am not making a fool of myself trying to make a script that is not possible.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

codegoboom
03-05-2005, 02:56 AM
THE PROBLEM: my site is a site that doesn't use main scrollbars.

Well, that's easy to fix... don't subvert them in the first place. ;)

Single Paradox
03-05-2005, 03:03 AM
dont do what to the who now?

Single Paradox
03-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Oh, I dont want more scrollbars. The ones in the fieldset are all I want

codegoboom
03-05-2005, 03:23 AM
I dont want more scrollbars.
Someone else surely would... ;)

Single Paradox
03-05-2005, 04:31 AM
ahahaha ur halarious... lol ill put on overflow:auto.. but i really dont want it to scroll =\ i just wish every1 had the same resolution!!!

vwphillips
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
strange

how about if user does not have your screen resolution (99.999...%) giving them a floating scroll control or resize everthing to tweeny

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum