View Full Version : Reading Info From a CD

DR.Wong
03-03-2005, 09:37 AM
How do I read the contents of a CD and display it in an HTML page using Javascript.

I only need it to display the file name, no exstensions are needed but would make it better.

Thanks alot, this is quite urgent... :thumbsup: :confused: :)

codegoboom
03-03-2005, 09:52 AM
If it's so urgent, then be more specific... :D

joh6nn
03-03-2005, 10:05 AM
is this for an intranet or the internet? if it's for the internet, chances are pretty good that you're not going to be able to, or at least, not easily. for an intranet, you may have more luck, depending on what the network looks like.

DR.Wong
03-03-2005, 04:08 PM
For a local network, so the Administrator can see what is on a drive on a nother PC while using his Web based Check in / Check out system. It stores a js file for each employee and this guy controls whats happening in his place. It sound far fetched but he designed it himself, its actually pretty cool... Sorry, off the topic. Dont worry About IP addresses and all that, I will sort that out. For now, all I want is a page to come up and say :
"In drive D: there are '3' files :"
1. song.mp3 (file exstensions are not neccesary)
2. index.htm
3. bla, bla, bla

This has to work on a Win XP SP2 PC with IE5+

Need more Details? :thumbsup:

joh6nn
03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
if you stash the js in a hta, you'll have the ability to use MS's WSH system, which presents a File System Object, which will allow you get a directory listing. that's all pretty well documented on the microsft msdn site.

DR.Wong
03-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Okay, sounds cool.
How do I simulate this? :thumbsup:

codegoboom
03-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Just repeat some method calls on the automation object, in a loop, and output what it gives you... :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum