View Full Version : Mario a star on Hollywood blvd.?

02-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Some one just told me there is a petition going around to get Mario a star on Hollywood blvd…. stupid if you ask me, he’s a bit outdated they should get somebody who has done some more recent good games… hell, even the new link would probably be better… just my 2 cents.

02-24-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't think it's a good idea not because I have anything against Mario (it's a fine franchise), but because when they tried to mix Mario with Hollywood the results were horrifying (http://imdb.com/title/tt0108255/).

02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Such a wonderful movie. Anyhoo, Mario symbolizes video gaming essentially, and the video game industry rivals Hollywood in its importance in American culture and day-to-day life. So Mario doesn't seem like a bad choice, really.

Alex Vincent
02-25-2005, 04:04 AM
Eh, he's already famous among geeks:

Courtesy of /.

02-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Damn beancounters :mad:

02-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Mario is the only major video game franchise that has survived as long without becoming totally mediocre (Sonic, for example, has been around one generation short of Mario but has become mediocre). If a video game character were to be added to Hollywood blvd., Mario makes sense.

I don't think a video game character belongs on Hollywood blvd. though. There is really minimal voice acting involved for Mario ("It's-a-me, Mario!" :rolleyes: ) and while his games have entertained many, I doubt his cheesy character has entertained anybody past extremely young childhood. Then again, there is something to be said for entertaining thousands of children getting started with video games.

02-26-2005, 01:14 AM
I doubt his cheesy character has entertained anybody past extremely young childhood.

The nostalgia compels many a college kid to play Super Mario World. And Double Dash or Smash Brothers Melee are some of the most popular games you see hanging around, next to Halo of course.

03-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Perhaps they could bevel the Pong arena into a square?