View Full Version : couple of questions

Amnarii
02-23-2005, 08:58 PM
I am looking to design a site for gamers who play in an online RPG (the text based kind, done through chat rooms). I can do most of it, but I am wanting a few things I don't know exactly how to do.

First, I would like to have each player register on my site with a player profile - something as simple as their name and email address. But then I want a 'sub-profile' where they enter their character's information; this would be a very thourough profile with probably more than 100 fields including age, height, weight, hair color, eye color, species, profession, equipment, etc., etc., etc.

I have no clue how to do that, well some clue - I can design a basic form for the data entry, but I don't know how to store it, nor how to make it work so that the players can 'log in' to the website.

For now, that is the only real thing I am stumped with - creating a profile system and allowing people to log-in to the site. Once that is going, I would like to tie the log-in to my PHPBB2 forums so that they log in to the main site and the forums automatically knows who they are, and also to the chat-room.

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-23-2005, 09:05 PM
well since we are on the subject of phpbb, you could try to go with phpnuke, which comes with a phpbb forum and a part that the user has to login to and register, would take some knowledge of php and html to modify the registration php files and templates www.phpnuke.org

chilipie
02-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Please use more specific titles in the future :) .

Amnarii
02-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Aerospace Eng. I did try installing PHPNuke, and it is a far cry from what I want. I have already designed a website, I do not want ANY of the content management which seems to me to be its main function. I simply want a way to have users sign up and enter a profile; and have that information stored in a database.

I would like it to tie into PHPBB as well, if possible, so they don't have to log in multiple times on the same site, but if that doesn't work, I can find some other work around I guess.

ronaldb66
02-24-2005, 09:54 AM
As per posting Rule 1.2 (http://www.codingforums.com/rules.htm): do not crosspost in multiple forums; place a single post in the most appropriate forum, and if it is better suited in another one leave it to a moderator to move it.

Since the other posted is moved to the PHP forum, I'll request this one to be closed.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum