View Full Version : Issues with Text in Moz..

Sanshiro
02-18-2005, 08:17 AM
You probably heard this before, I checked the FAQ's and i couldnt get much out of them..

Anyways.. the issues are, In IE, the font appears where i want it to be, but in Moz, The font goes downwards, Example: www.uaegaming.com/Test/

Also, i used:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" style="font-size:9.5px" color="#cccccc">
To make fonts not-resizable in IE, but unfortunatley, they are in Moz.

Im no expert on HTML, i got 0 clue about CSS or any other thing, But is there anyway someone can help me here ?

whizard
02-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi! welcome to the forums! there's not really any way to keep viewers from resizing text in Mozilla/NS. Its a fact of life. I would suggest discontinuing use of the font tag, rplacing it with tags such as h1-h6 and p.

Dan

Sanshiro
02-18-2005, 05:07 PM
alright then, but what can i do about text being misplaced in Moz ?

rmedek
02-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Anyways.. the issues are, In IE, the font appears where i want it to be, but in Moz, The font goes downwards

What font? The links, or the paragraph text? Downwards, as in, lower than where it should be displaying?

I'm on a Mac, so I have no idea what it's supposed to look like in IE, but it looks fine from here. If it's the paragraph text you want to be placed higher, it's in an absolutely positioned div, so you could raise the location of that div, or place "margin-top: 0;" in the CSS for your paragraph.

If it's something else, could you be a little more elaborate?

Hope this helps,

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum