View Full Version : Show MSN Messenger Online status

02-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Well i'll start by saying that i don't know if this is even possible but i'll ask anyway...

Is it possible to have something on my website that shows if i'm logged in or out of my MSN Messenger.

Apart from changing something manually on the pages of course but that's not what i want to keep having to do.

Is there a ready made script / program or anything floating around in the ether...?

02-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey XKO..
I don't think it is possible to do that easily, if at all. If it is, then you would have to connect to the port that messenger uses or something (if your web host's firewall allowed it that is) and then write a script or something that could determine whether you were online...

02-17-2005, 04:37 PM
It can be done with JavaScript and ActiveX in IE; I remember jkd had a script for it way back. A google search for "Javascript MSN Messenger API" should turn something up...

02-17-2005, 11:56 PM
mmhmm.....I didnt know it was possible that way. Remember, Firefox doesnt load any active x...

02-18-2005, 12:32 AM
First Google result:

02-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Hmmm, interesting, but i'm kinda baffled here (or i'm not reading it properly).

What i'm getting is that it's not easily done right?

05-03-2005, 05:57 AM
This is an old thread, but just in case anyone still needs a solution to this problem...

Displaying your messenger status on a web page can be done easily; visit http://www.onlinestatus.org/

Hope this helps!

05-03-2005, 05:07 PM
well i have seen sites with yahoo online status but there site might be hosted by yahoo but i dont know about msn i would think there is though.