View Full Version : checkbox style

02-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi there. Is there a way to change the checkbox style when it is "checked". I would like to apply a different input style class when the box is checked.

02-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I dunno if something like this is possible without some javascript... I would help you on this one, except I know nothing at all about javascript :D

PM a moderator if you want to move this question to that forum (please don't crosspost), unless someone else has a solution??

02-13-2005, 08:29 PM
this is sometimes a problem, especially with browsers with oogly default checkboxes. As of now, there is no way of consistently styling checkboxes...The firefox nightlies now have much better looking form elements. I usually use a general style for input tags, and if a browser can support it, fine. Javascript however will not do the trick.

The inability to style checkboxes is more of a accessibility/useability issue. If the checkboxes are default and recognizable, people have a better chance of understanding what they are and how to use them....

02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
only thing you can do is change the background on the outside of the checkbox, and i dont even think it will work in any other browser but IE

02-14-2005, 01:31 AM
You *could* create your own checkbox with javascript like mentioned. But I wouldn't recommend it, simply for the afore mentioned reasons of usability.