View Full Version : Change Title bar

02-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to JavaScript but know some Actionscript so please bear with me.

I'm trying to figure out how to change the title in a popup window when a user clicks on a link. Right now the title bar displays the path to the file loading in the title bar. What am I missing?

Heres the code i'm using on a picture to open the new window... its an automatic script created by Dreamweaver. Maybe I should change it to something else?

<a href="javascript:;" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('case1/521_1_home.swf','','resizable=yes,width=700,height=600')">

Thanks for any help

02-13-2005, 01:33 AM
in the javascript somewhere, i dont know the exact details but it may have like a window.open function somewhere, and before that it may have something like newwin=window.open or something like that, if it doesn't make it say that, so an example of the same script that dreamweaver makes would be, hmm that document.title may work but i think its IE only

<script type="text/javascript">
function openWin(url,resize,wid,hgt){
<a href="#" onclick="openWin('somepage.html','yes','500','600');return false;">blah</a>

02-13-2005, 07:51 PM
In the properties for the popup window (resizable=yes,width=xx,height=xx) add this qualifier--location=no . This will prevent the URL from showing. I think you change the caption in the title bar with
title=your title