View Full Version : iPod Notes - escaping characters

MissKay
02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi all,

Sorry if this has ended up in the wrong place but I'm rather stuck.

I've been writing a set of iPod notes that are all linked together so that I have an HTML reference with me when I'm away from work but I need to look something up (I travel a lot and books are a pain to carry). The problem I'm having though is that using &lt; and &gt; for the <> doesn't seem to hide them from the iPod as it still thinks that I have a <title> tag in there.

Does anyone have any suggestions because I've googled myself blue in the face!

Thanks

rmedek
02-10-2005, 08:21 PM
If it's just for personal reference, couldn't you just not use the <>?
[title]
{title}
-title-
|title|

etc...

Slightly off topic, I didn't know you could do this w/ the iPod... or that it reads html. Could you explain more? I'd like to use this myself...

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-10-2005, 09:55 PM
i dont think it does, i think the person is trying to use it as just a storage for data, so they may be trying to trick the ipod into thinking its not an html page

Antoniohawk
02-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Like [this (http://www.westciv.com/news/podguide.html)] you mean?

rmedek
02-10-2005, 10:47 PM
whoa... great site, thanks Antoniohawk...

MissKay
02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the replys guys.

I'm doing an OU course and stumbled across WestCiv's podSite with their CSS guide, realised that it was far more practical to carry around my iPod with a guide on it than my iPod + large book, and wondered if I could do something similar for the HTML 4.01 Specification that I'm currently referencing constantly.

If it works though I was going to let the guys on my course use it so would rather that all the tags looked right if that makes sense.

Has anyone seen any more of these out on the internet because WestCiv is the only set I've found.

Thanks

chilipie
02-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Has anyone seen any more of these out on the internet because WestCiv is the only set I've found.
http://www.podsites.com/

MissKay
02-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Chilipie.

www.podSites.com is a partnership between WestCiv and Webboy :) Thanks anyway though.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum