View Full Version : Wrongly Accused!

pixelpets
02-07-2005, 11:43 PM
i asked if maybe i could have someone do some scripts for me fore free possibly and they closed the thread, what a bunch of bull. does it say WORK REQUESTS FOR MONEY ONLY on it? i dont think so. it says work requests, wether that is free or not a work request is just asking somebody to do a favor for you or work for you

mcdougals4all
02-07-2005, 11:52 PM
does it say WORK REQUESTS FOR MONEY ONLY on it?
Please read the sticky at the top of this forum. Also linked below.

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=36341

rmedek
02-08-2005, 12:01 AM
i asked if maybe i could have someone do some scripts for me fore free possibly and they closed the thread, what a bunch of bull. does it say WORK REQUESTS FOR MONEY ONLY on it?
Yes. Yes it does.

For offers, compensation (in monetary form or otherwise) must be accompanied and clearly stated in your post. This is not a "Help me write a script please" or "favors" forum.
BTW, posting your frustration with the policy or the community in this forum isn't helping out, either. If you have a serious problem, I would suggest you email or pm a moderator. Please help us keep our forums useful for everyone, not just you and your specific needs.

gsnedders
02-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Just to add, this is also the wrong place to complain in, if your going to complain PM the person who locked the topic, in your case WA, the admin, he made the rules, and I think he knows them...

Mustn't go away while writing my post :(

Graft-Creative
02-08-2005, 12:46 AM
compensation (in monetary form or otherwise) must be accompanied and clearly stated in your post

I think the words 'or otherwise' are important here.

I recently posted a request for unpaid work in this forum, and all is fine - great response, and not a murmur from the mods.

I think if you are requesting unpaid work, then you need to stress what the 'or otherwise' payoff is going to be: could be - credit, linkage, chocolates, free hosting, % of eventual profits, whatever?

Gary

WA
02-08-2005, 02:00 AM
This thread will be deleted soon, but I'll leave it open for a little longer in case anyone wants to wrap up any thoughts. Pixelpets, I'll ask that you please familarize yourself with the following:

http://www.codingforums.com/rules.htm
http://www.codingforums.com/postguide.htm

Your other "Need a hacker" thread isn't helping your image.

raf
02-08-2005, 08:22 PM
pixelpets,

you don't strike me as someone who is realy in check with reality.

the stuff you ask for is simply boring and you would be the only one to benefit from our work.
before i would even consider writing something for free for a perfect stranger, i would need to be convinced that the code would be:
- generally usefull
- challenging to write

I'm not gonna do some routine jobs for free for some stranger that doesn't even takes the time to properly explain what he needs. and i suppose most people think in a similar way...

pixelpets
02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
thats funny because i checked the rules and it clearly states nothing about only paid jobs besides it's not their choice if someone would like to work free for me, besides my website is a non proffitable site which means i am allowed to recruit new staff without pay in a legal statement including work requests

pixelpets
02-10-2005, 08:58 PM
pixelpets,

you don't strike me as someone who is realy in check with reality.

the stuff you ask for is simply boring and you would be the only one to benefit from our work.
before i would even consider writing something for free for a perfect stranger, i would need to be convinced that the code would be:
- generally usefull
- challenging to write

I'm not gonna do some routine jobs for free for some stranger that doesn't even takes the time to properly explain what he needs. and i suppose most people think in a similar way...

I have had a few programmers come to me about a job for my site, that is your opinion(keep it to yourself please) and also I'm on AIM mostly all day past 4:00 which means you can ask more about it by messaging me, mailing me or something else. i do not fully explain what i want right away because there is no point. you would have to contact me to tell me you want a job and show examples anyways

pixelpets
02-10-2005, 09:00 PM
WA, you also froze my other board for being off topic when i was looking for members for my staff in the PHP board which my site uses by the way :thumbsup:, right on smart one *claps* go wa!!! and also you told me to post here and i also was asking for a possibly free job from someone then, you should have told me that before. nice one again WA!!! woohoo we're on a role! :eek:

rmedek
02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Listen here, pixelypet,

You've been posting for months now, first asking for paid help in other forums, then free help in this forum. You've had two (almost three) threads closed on you, you haven't read the rules or posting guidelines until you were forced to "lawyer" your way out of them, you're ignoring the advice and the comments of THE GUY WHO MADE THESE FORUMS, and to top it all off, it's all centering around some ridiculous virtual pet site that for all I know is the same one you got "keylogged" out of.

Did I mention that your "help" offered on these forums so far has all been for paid work only? That's not against any rules, just extemely annoying that someone who will only help out others for money keeps posting to find free work for himself.

Anyhow. For the holy love of god, someone please close this thread.

WA
02-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Agreed. No point in keeping this thread open.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum