View Full Version : Need a Hacker

pixelpets
02-07-2005, 11:39 PM
not really a hacker, i got hacked from a keylogger a few weeks back and the guy stole my valuable neopets account called dickie_rob and i was wondering if there would be any way to get it back, i tryed reporting my account to be hacked but they dont care.

WA
02-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Hmmm have you read our rules? Any sort of illegal request is strictly prohibited, even if you're just "fighting back:" http://www.codingforums.com/rules.htm

Horus Kol
02-08-2005, 08:38 AM
look at it like this - neopets get a random email claiming to be someone with an account which, for all they know, is in the hands of the real owner. It's not that they don't care, they just don't know any different.

pixelpets
02-10-2005, 01:34 AM
im not requesting a hacker i clearly state i want to talk to one to see if there is any legal way to get it back, and i have many ways of proof but neopets never believes me, they always say i dont have enough info but i fill out every box

Mhtml
02-10-2005, 03:59 AM
How did you manage to get a keylogger? And why didn't your virus software detect it?

Xko
02-10-2005, 04:05 PM
From previous experience a keylogger is not always picked up by anti-virus software.

For future protection you should use 'Ad-Aware' & 'Spybot' to sniff out any malicious spyware.

The above mentioned tools should be part of your weekly / daily / monthly (whatever) housekeeping routine and run & updated often.

Mhtml
02-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Really, well that's news to me. I just don't get them in the first place so I've never noticed that I guess. But still, how did you manage to get one?

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-11-2005, 03:41 PM
most keyloggers are picked up but yes the occasional one slips by in some adaware installed on your system, but it could be just the sites you go to, many "junk" sites try to install active x controls into your system and once u click yes thats it u got a keylogger, so its wise to not say yes to anything unless you are absolutely positive it is from a trustworty source

rayd
02-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Or use firefox? I have heard over and over how firefox blocks spyware, I didn't really believe it until I ran Ad-Aware the other day, I only had 2 spyware instead of the usual 20 or so, and both are tracking cookies from a site I had to open with IE, go figure.

stars_fantasy
06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
the same thing happened to me, and im sooooooo mad, :mad: someone has stolen my account that i have for over 35 months (ive lost count) i have alot of things on that account, and i can't report it because i dont have another account to get on to report it! can anyone help me? they've changed the password and e-mail adress :mad:

Crake
06-20-2005, 05:20 PM
if your not wanting a hacker whats your thread title about?

may i qoute?

"need a HACKER"

stars_fantasy
06-20-2005, 05:32 PM
but i do need a hacker! I want to get my account back! I'm not willing to loose so many months of playing that game to some freak who stole my account :mad: :(

gsnedders
06-20-2005, 06:00 PM
<mad>
The admin of the fora has clearly stated that this is against the forum rules, so why do you persist?
</mad>

stars_fantasy
06-20-2005, 06:06 PM
what's agianst the rules?

whackaxe
06-20-2005, 06:25 PM
you got pwned and i don't think there is anything you can do about it. if there isn't anything where the site can send you a new password, then there isn't much you can do. not to mention the fact there isn't any proof you are the real owner of the account

Mhtml
06-20-2005, 06:26 PM
We do not condone any sort of illegal activity. Do the ends really justify the means? And after all, it is only a game. I say live and learn, I lost money recently through ebay, hard earned cash ... did I have a cry? Yes, but only briefly after which I decided to make back that money times several hundred thousand. Now all you have to do is wake up make something out of your life.

stars_fantasy
06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
sigh, okay, thanks anyways, ill try somewhere else

evo
06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Did you just create a new username... :confused:

raf
06-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Did you just create a new username... :confused:
i stole his previous account :D

Exis
06-20-2005, 10:49 PM
His account got pwnd and now I am just waiting for his thread to get the same from a modgun. :D

ArcticFox
06-21-2005, 02:41 AM
"It's just a game."

So true. Wait till someone breaks into their house, steals all they can find, load it all into the other family car in the garage, hotwire said car, back up through the garage door and down the driveway taking out three bushes, the mailbox and running over the neighbor's cat, only to total the car in Mexico where the local police decide they don't need to investigate a common crime like this one.

Then that will be the right time to get upset...

MOD!!!

jettlarue2003
06-26-2005, 06:21 AM
well i found some stuff wrong with it. first of all no one at all would ever do this for free. second of all neopets is a fairls popular site with a couple million views a day so i am sure the security is high so no one would try and if anyone did only an exremely advances CRACKER could get into a database at neopets and rechange your password. and check windows task manager (ctrl+alt+del) for the keylogger program and decompile it then reprt the email and decompiled code to neopets. also if it was a simple password they might have guessed it. and make sure you never log into a site from within a frame or sign into a website fom an email because someone could have sent an email from admin.neopets.com or something but the ip address would be different from neopets so open cmd and check that. otherwise goodluck i guess

ArcticFox
06-26-2005, 06:37 AM
"It's just a game!"

Nobody is going to take the chance of going to jail... for a childs game! Besides, RAF already told you what happened to your account.

You kids just think the entire world's got to revolve around you and your A.D.D.. Give it up, grow up, MOVE ON... stay in school, just say no to drugs, finish your spinach, comb your hair, wash behind your ears, stop sitting so close to the telly, don't eat that...

MOD!

whackaxe
06-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Don't give yourself a heart attack ArcticFox :rolleyes:

Antoniohawk
07-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Sorry for my belatedness fellas. Closing thread...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum