View Full Version : program to connect to a mobile phone via data cable?

homerUK
02-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey,

This might sound a little obscure... but I was wondering if any one was able to help me with this ....

If I have a mobile phone connected to my PC via a data cable - and some one sends a text message TO the phone... the program will know this and get the message from the phone and enter it in to a database. The message on the phone will then be deleted.

Is this possible? I guess it would just be an interface sitting on the PC which listens to the phone's inbox or something?

If this is possible...... anyone interested in the job? I will probably advertise it on RentACoder.com if it's possible..... :)

thanks for any info...

Mhtml
02-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Sure it's possible, unlikely you will find anyone here that can do it though. I've done a bit of hacking on my Motorola E398 but apart from editing the binary files on it that's the extent of my knowledge.

shmoove
02-08-2005, 09:02 AM
I don't have any personal experience in this, but you should be researching a topic called "AT commands". They give you a way to control your phone via a serial link.

shmoove

Mhtml
02-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Yeah good thinking, most software installs a phone modem controller driver which it uses to talk to your phone.

homerUK
02-09-2005, 09:02 AM
thanks guys for the info....
I think I am a little clearer in my head as to what I need..... FYI I have posted the project on Rent a Coder...

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=243451

Hopefully someone can help!! :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum