View Full Version : Getting :hover to do what I want...

gsnedders
02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I have this (http://blog.geoffers.uni.cc/blogtest.html), but when I put my mouse over the gray part of the header, the link doesn't change colour/background, I only get what I want when the mouse is over the link itself.

Jalenack
02-07-2005, 12:24 AM
hey...thats because the link doesn't cover that part. You can't hover over it if its not there ;p .

try adding this rule:

h1 a {
width: 100%;
display: block;
color: red;
}

rmedek
02-07-2005, 12:31 AM
I could be wrong, but when it's display: block, you specify the height and the width expands naturally... not the other way around.

a {
display: block
height: 100%;
}

Just to be safe I always assign height and width to my links whaen making them block elements...

gsnedders
02-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks both of you, Andrew, you were closest :p
h1 a {
width: 100%;
display:block;
}

Dmitriy
02-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey i looked at ur site in both of the browsers FF and IE. It seems to be what u want is only working for FF. In IE it looks lets put it this way "ugly" i think u should look in to it more.

gsnedders
02-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Sigh... I know about the IE problem (a mixture of IE bugs and IE not supporting my CSS fully)...

My other problem is that I don't a computer running Windows to test it in IE, although I should be getting Virtual PC 7 Upgrade, so I can finally use it on my G5, to give me a reasonably speeded emulation of Windows XP.

Graft-Creative
02-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey i looked at ur site in both of the browsers FF and IE. It seems to be what u want is only working for FF. In IE it looks lets put it this way "ugly" i think u should look in to it more.

Ditto Opera 8 beta :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum