View Full Version : Forms & Css question

02-04-2005, 02:04 PM

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can answer.
I am working on a website that has a form on the index page (well two forms actually).

I have placed a border around each using css and the page displays really well in Firefox, but in IE I have a couple of 'line breaks' after the last form field and the submit button in each form. This is creating too much space and I would like to remove it, but despite several attempts at doing so have been unable to..

In essence I want the page to look exactly like it does in Firefox/Mozilla for users using IE. Just wondered if someone could offer me the benefit of their wisdom.

All help appreciated - thank you.
The page in question is this one http://www.forsalebytheowner.co.uk/index.php

02-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Did you already find a solution to this?

I checked your page on windows XP using both firefox and IE6 and could see no difference, the layout of the forms seemed fine.

02-04-2005, 05:52 PM
No I haven't solved it unfortunately - if you look at the words 'PROPERTY SEARCH' you will see a space above this in IE which isn't there in Mozilla, there is also a space below the 'Search' button.

There is also a space below the second form where it says "e.g. 4200-6844-2848" and below the search field......

It is these I want to 'remove'...

02-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Try setting:

form { margin:0; }

Differences in how your CSS displays can sometimes be attributed to browsers' default stylesheets. So you often have to override these default values to have things behave as you expect.