View Full Version : CSS alignment/cross browser issues

Dodge
02-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Hi all,

http://www.kdok.com/indextest.html

Working on a redo of this site. I decided on a 3 column from bluerobot.com - I made a few changes in some to the values and began viewing in other browsers.

If you look at the page linked above in Firefox - all three columns are aligned horizontally (across the top) but in Opera 7.23 and IE6 the middle column dips about 20 px or so. I reverted back to the original bluerobot code and it still did it so it may have something to do with the #header - that part I did on my own - simply adding the br layout below it.

I can't figure out why...if anyone knows the solution I sure would appreciate it if you could explain it to me.

Thanks
Dodge

hemebond
02-02-2005, 01:11 AM
It is the content above the columns that's pushing everything down. Put teh columns into a position:relative container, or specify a height for the content above the columns.

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-02-2005, 01:34 AM
try using these files

Dodge
02-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the reply hemebond! :)

_Aerospace_Eng_

Very nice! The columns line up perfectly now. Could you explain exactly what you did and why it works like that? I would like to learn, please. :)

Looks like you removed the absolute positioning from the flanking columns for one thing. Was this due to a problem with the #header? I ask that because bluerobot had the columns positioned using "absolute" and seemed to work for them.

Thanks
Dodge

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum